A team will be going to Baja, Mexico on July 2‐6th, with the option to stay until the 8th to help build a house. We’re looking for an optometrist who could provide basic vision screenings and match patient’s prescriptions to donated glasses, while overseeing other volunteers. Here are more details about the trips, including the schedule:
- Depart USA ‐ Sunday July 2 6:00 am (IBC or Crossway church). Transportation is provided. We travel in rental vans.
- Arrive Vicente Guerrero, Baja Mexico July 2 2:30 pm
- Lodging and Food ‐ Heart Compound. We sleep in cabins, bunk beds, toilets, showers available. Food is provided. Limited Wifi.
- Clinic ‐ Monday (7/3), Tuesday, and Wednesday. 9 am to 6 pm. We will see about 120 to 150 patients per day.
- Optometrist role ‐ provide basic vision service (matching patients to donated glasses) and oversight of volunteers.
- Depart Heart Compound ‐ medical team has the option of leaving on Thursday 7/6 around 7:00 am or sticking around and helping out on the build and leave Saturday 7/8.
$650 per volunteer. We ask that minimum $100 come from the individual and the rest via donations.
For more information, please contact Dr. Grace Park at firstname.lastname@example.org.