Join us at our 2021 Connections Conference – a place where CMDA field staff, campus advisors and local ministry leaders come together for a time of connection, equipping and refreshment. Our speaker for our time together is Dr. Christopher Yuan – someone you DON’T want to miss. Also, while together we have some fun planned for you such as a hiking excursion to see if we can spot Sasquatch in the East Tennessee mountains, a cookout at the Waldecker’s hacienda, and some free CMDA SWAG just because we love our CMDA staff and leaders!
The Connections Conference will be a strategic time to have your ministry tank filled with encouraging conversations and meetings with old friends and some new friends you’ll make while here. This year we are back at CMDA Headquarters where you will have time to interact with CMDA staff and enjoy their hospitality – where everything is smothered and covered. So plan to attend this year’s Connections Conference on October 4-6, 2021.
- There is a limited amount of free housing available with CMDA staff families. First come, first served! Please note in your registration if you are interested in this option.
- If you prefer to stay in a local hotel, two options with CMDA discounts are:
Dr. Christopher Yuan has taught the Bible at Moody Bible Institute for twelve years and his speaking ministry on faith and sexuality has reached five continents. He speaks at conferences, on college campuses, and in churches. He has co-authored with his mother their memoir, Out of a Far Country: A Gay Son’s Journey to God, A Broken Mother’s Search for Hope (100,000 copies sold and now in seven languages). He is also the author of Giving a Voice to the Voiceless. Christopher graduated from Moody Bible Institute in 2005 and received a master’s in biblical exegesis in 2007 and a doctorate of ministry in 2014. Dr. Yuan’s newest book, Holy Sexuality and the Gospel: Sex, Desire, and Relationships Shaped by God’s Grand Story, was named 2020 Book of the Year for Social Issues by Outreach Magazine. There will be three talks by Dr. Yuan on Tuesday October 5 (50 minute talk/10 minute question time for each segment):
- 9 am – Sexual Identity: False Identity
- 1 pm – Holy Sexuality: Breaking Bad Paradigms
- 7 pm – Homosexuality: Nature or Nurture?
Plan to arrive on Monday in time for the Monday Fun-Day activities – if possible – and leave AFTER dinner on Wednesday.
Monday, October 4
- 3pm Hiking at a local park (optional activity but encouraged to attend)
- 6pm Cookout dinner at the Waldecker’s (optional activity but encouraged to attend)
Tuesday, October 5
- 8am Breakfast
- 8:30am Praise and Worship
- 9am First Session: Sexual Identity: False Identity – Dr. Yuan
- 10:15am Morning discussion (TBD)
- 11:30am Lunch
- 1pm Second Session: Holy Sexuality: Breaking Bad Paradigms – Dr. Yuan
- 2:15pm Afternoon discussions (TBD)
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:45pm Praise & Worship
- 7pm Third Session: Homosexuality: Nature or Nurture? – Dr. Yuan
Wednesday, October 6
- 8am Breakfast
- 8:30am Praise & Worship
- 9am Morning session (TBD)
- 12pm Lunch
- 1pm Afternoon session (TBD)
- 5pm Dinner and dismissal