The 2021 CMDA Midwest Fall Conference, at the Maranatha Bible Conference Center, offers CMDA members and their guests the opportunity to hear outstanding inspirational speakers and receive continuing education credit while enjoying the scenic eastern shores of Lake Michigan. The combination of informal didactic sessions, group discussion, and plenty of free time for family activities, creates a refreshing investment in professional and personal renewal.
2021 TOPIC & PRESENTER
Healthcare Professionals & The Transgender Tsunami • André Van Mol, MD
9/8/21 There are no social distancing restrictions or mask requirements at the Conference Center. CMDA participants should assume a restriction-free conference experience. Registered guests will be alerted if there is any change in policy.
*Registration costs are for CMDA members. Non-member practitioners please add $25.00
- Member only: $150
- Member w/Spouse: $210
- Retired/Missionary/Resident only: $140
- Retired/Missionary/Resident w/Spouse: $170
- Adult Guest: $100
- Student only: $75
- Student w/Spouse: $100
- Children’s Program (pre-school & elementary): $75/child
- Teen Program (if sufficient interest): $20/teen
- Babysitting (3 & under): $40/child
- Continuing Education Fee (complimentary for members. Non-members add): $130/per
**Registration fees are not refundable. Cancelled registrations will be processed as a donation to the CMDA Midwest Fall Conference. All donations to CMDA are tax deductible as charitable contributions. Fees or costs to attend a CMDA event are not donations, but they may qualify as a business or educational deduction for tax purposes. Please confer with your tax consultant.
DAY GUEST FEES
Participants commuting daily
- Day Guest Fee: $16/ person (Maranatha Conference Fee)
- Conference Reg.: (See above) + Meals
- Adult: (B) $12.00, (L) $14.65, (D) $18.60
- Children: 15-18+ See Adult Meal Prices
- 10-14: (B) $9.52, (L) $11.60, (D) $14.72
- 5-9: (B) $8.33, (L) $10.15, (D)$13.80
- 4 and under: Free
A creative program for children, ages 4-11 years, is offered during adult sessions only. Cost: $75/ child. Babysitting (3 and under) during adult sessions: $40/ child. A teen program will be provided, if there is sufficient interest. Parents of teens, please make your interest in a teen program clear when you register. Cost: $20/ teen. — see Registration.
Maranatha Bible Conference Center is located amid the dunes of Lake Michigan’s eastern shore, near Muskegon, Michigan. Maranatha offers nearly 100 acres of family enjoyment. During our Saturday afternoon free time, you may take advantage of tennis, volleyball, the indoor gym with exercise room, or take a leisurely hike through the woods or along the Lake Michigan beach. For more information, see the Maranatha website @: www.vacationwithpurpose.org
Cost includes 2 nights lodging* and 5 meals
- $189/person, Double Occupancy
- $167/person (3 or more adults/person)
- $209/person, Single Occupancy
Children / Teens
- 15-18: $155/person
- 10-14: $138/person
- 4-9: $112/person
- 3 and under: Free
*Linen is provided but no daily maid service.
André Van Mol, MD is a board-certified family physician in full-time practice in California. He is a graduate of the Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee) and did his residency at the Naval Aerospace Medical Institute in Pensacola, FL. Dr. Van Mol co-chairs both the American College of Pediatricians’ Committee on Adolescent Sexuality and the Christian Medical & Dental Associations Sexual & Gender Identity Task Force. He writes and speaks for the CMDA on issues of bioethical and Christian concern and has been extensively published in professional and general literature. He works with Alliance Defending Freedom in a coalition of professionals advising on policy matters addressing sexual orientation and gender identity and has served as amicus/friend of court in federal appellate and SCOTUS cases. He advises legislators and teams across the country and overseas on legislation regarding sexuality and gender identity. Dr. Van Mol has been interviewed frequently over the years by numerous news services, publications, and programs across the media spectrum. He and his wife Evelyn – both former U.S. Naval officers – have two sons and two daughters, the latter of whom are among their nine foster children.
Friday, October 15th
Dinner in route
- 7:00 p.m. – Registration
- 7:30 – Welcome / Introductions
- 8:00 – André Van Mol, MD: Same Sex Attraction & Science
- 9:30 – Free Time / Retire
Saturday, October 16th
- 8:00 a.m. – Breakfast
- 9:00 – Conference Resumes
- 9:15 – André Van Mol, MD: Trans-Identification & Risks for the Young
- 10:15 – Break
- 10:45 – André Van Mol, MD: Trans-Identification & the Healthcare Professional’s Response
- 12:30 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:30 – Free Time
- 6:00 – Dinner
- 7:15 – CMDA Community Update
- 7:45 – André Van Mol, MD: Conscience Rights, Healthcare Professionals & the Challenge of Sexuality & Gender
- 9:30 – Family Fun & Marvin’s Trivia Session
Sunday, October 17th
- 8:00 a.m. – Breakfast
- 9:00 – Conference Resumes
- 9:15 – André Van Mol, MD: Change-Allowing Therapy for Undesired Sexual Attraction
- 10:30 – Break
- 10:45 – Worship & Praise
- 11:15 – Prayer
- 12:00 Noon – Lunch & Conclusion
Through this conference healthcare professionals will understand the science related to sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI), the status of evidence-based treatment options, conflicts between popular fads and evidence-based treatments, intertwined and conflicting philosophies and ideologies in the field and the legal footing of conscience rights in America and the West. The healthcare professional will also benefit personally through a greater understanding of how and what this means for practitioners as they interact with their sexual minority patients and families.
Accreditation – The Christian Medical & Dental Associations is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit – The Christian Medical & Dental Associations designates this
educational activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim
with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Dental Credit – Christian Medical & Dental Associations Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 1/1/2019 to 12/31/2022. Provider ID# 218742. 6.5 Lecture Hours Available. No prior level of skill, knowledge, or experience is required (or suggested). Course designed for physicians and dentists and other healthcare professionals.
Educational Objectives – At the conclusion of this program participants should be able to:
- Cite and discuss scientific literature findings regarding theories of the origins, nature and demographics of same-sex sexual attraction and identification.
- Review risks of same-sex sexual practices.
- Familiarize providers with the scientific literature findings regarding the nature of gender dysphoria in minors.
- Acquaint providers with the claims, evidence and risks of watchful waiting and gender/transition affirming therapies.
- Identify the state of the evidence regarding watchful waiting vs gender/transition affirming therapies.
- Equip providers to compassionately respond to challenging interactions with gender dysphoric children and their families.
- Participants will be familiar with change-allowing therapeutic models, the conflicts regarding them, and several recent legal and court developments regarding them.
- Participant familiarity with provider rights of conscience and their legal protection.
- Participant recognition of potential conflicts of rights in the care of sexual minority patients.
- Participant recognition of philosophical/ideological interests regarding provider conscience rights.
Continuing Education Fee: Complementary for CMDA members (non-members add $130/person