INVITATION TO NEW ZEALAND/AUSTRALIA
I never imagined when we took our first group to Greece that CMDA’s tours would become so popular! We now are doing two trips a year to both Greece and Israel and last year added Italy. On hundreds of post-trip surveys we asked this question: “Where else would you like to go on a CMDA tour?” and the consistent answer has been New Zealand!
So here is your invitation to join Jody and me as well as Gene and Gay Rudd to make memories for a lifetime! I know we did when Gene and I were asked to speak at the New Zealand Christian Medical Fellowship national meeting some years ago. We rented an RV and spent a week on the north island, spoke at the conference and then flew to the South Island for another week.
Of the 75+ countries I’ve visited, New Zealand is my all-time favorite! The two islands combined are about the size of Colorado, but you won’t find more beautiful country with such a variety of topography—snow-topped mountains, coastal plains, volcanic areas, beaches, rivers, rain forests, fords, glaciers and lakes. When we cruised down Milford Sound, there were too many waterfalls to count and Bowen Falls plummets 528 feet. Niagara Falls pales in comparison. Many of New Zealand’s towns have their own character, depending on the origins of those that settled there. You will think you are in England when you visit Christchurch!
New Zealanders developed extreme sports like bungee jumping and zorbing (rolling down a hill inside a large plastic ball). They invented the jet boat, the tranquilizer gun, electric fences, stamp vending machines, and the electric gas pump, to name a few. Remember the fantastic vistas in the Lord of the Rings movie? You will see some of them in person.
As a bonus, you will enjoy the experience with your CMDA colleagues and have wonderful fellowship. Though this won’t be a biblical tour per se, Gene and I will be leading a time of worship and devotions each day. Due to the longer trip length, we are getting the word out early so busy healthcare professionals can get this one on their schedule for October 2021.
There is also a tour extension to Sydney, Australia and the beautiful Blue Mountains. Why fly that distance without going “down under?”
Space is limited to 50 people, and our CMDA tours typically fill up in under two weeks, so if you are interested, click on the registration button and confirm your spot. If you have questions, you can e-mail our trip coordinator, Kim Hodge, at Kim.Hodge@cmda.org or call her at 423-844-1063 today.
We are going to have a great time! Come join us!
Tour Package Includes
- All first-class hotel arrangements from Monday’s arrival through departure (based on double occupancy)
- All land transportation after arrival from the U.S. (excludes airport shuttle to the hotel on the day of arrival)
- Meals as indicated on daily itinerary – beginning with dinner on the day of arrival
- All site and entrance fees (excluding optional activities indicated on itinerary)
- All professional tour guide services
- Flight from New Zealand to Sydney for those staying for the extension
New Zealand Tour
Double Occupancy (per person) $4,350
Single Occupancy (per person) $5,750
Double Occupancy (per person) $1,450
Single Occupancy (per person) $2,050
- Fly IN TO Auckland (Auckland Airport – AKL) no later than Monday, October 12, 2020.
New Zealand Tour Only
- Fly OUT OF Christchurch (Christchurch International Airport – CHC) on Friday, October 23, 2020, no earlier than 12 PM.
New Zealand Tour and Australia Extension
- Fly OUT OF Sydney (Sydney Airport – SYD) on Monday, October 26, 2020, no earlier than 4 PM.
- You may want to consider arriving in New Zealand a day or two before the tour begins in order to begin getting over your jet lag. There is a 16-hour time difference between US Eastern time and New Zealand. Kim Hodge can assist with additional hotel nights both before and after the tour if you need them.
Travelers are welcome to make international flight arrangements through their preferred travel source or World Travel Service, Inc. is available to assist. Direct Number: 865-777-1600.
Visas and Passports
New Zealand – No Visa is required for U.S. citizens to enter as a tourist.
Australia – A Tourist Visa is required and can be purchased at https://www.eta.homeaffairs.gov.au/ETAS3/etas
We strongly recommend that ALL participants purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy to cover loss of baggage, personal injury and sickness including emergency evacuation coverage. This can be purchased through CMDA. Flight cancellation and interruption insurance can generally be purchased from your airline of choice at the time of booking.
For a detailed itinerary, click on the “Schedule” link.
The activity level for this tour is moderately strenuous. You should be able to walk several miles on uneven terrain without difficulty. If you have mobility issues, this tour may not be for you. If you have questions, please contact Kim Hodge before registering.
Postponing or Cancelling Reservations
If Christian Medical & Dental Associations (CMDA) cancels your tour:
- Passengers booked on a tour where the cancellation is initiated by CMDA and our in-country partner can have all funds paid to CMDA applied to a future tour or returned in the original form of payment. We ask that you be patient and allow 10 – 15 days for the refund process.
If you would like to postpone or cancel your reservation:
- If you wish to postpone your travels, CMDA will allow participants booked on any tour scheduled through December 31, 2021 to transfer their reservation to any future event without rebooking or cancellation fees.
- If you choose to cancel your reservation and change your mind before your scheduled tour travels, we will re-book you to the same tour with no additional fees, if there is availability.
- If you choose to cancel your reservation without rebooking on another tour, your cancelations and requests for refund must be submitted in writing to the CMDA at the address below or by email. Cancelation charges will be assessed as follows:
Before or on April 15, 2021 Full Refund
April 15 – April 30, 2021 $500/person
May 1 – May 15, 2021 $1,000/person
May 16 – 31, 2021 $2,000/person
On or after June 1, 2021 No Refund
Kim Hodge Kim.Hodge@cmda.org
PO Box 7500
Bristol, TN 37621
Contact Kim Hodge at Kim.Hodge@cmda.org or call 423-844-1063.
|Day 1, Tuesday, October 12, 2021: Arrive in Auckland, New Zealand (D)
Kia Ora – welcome to New Zealand! After clearing customs and immigration at Auckland airport, you will be met upon arrival by your local tour driver. The rest of today will be spent at your leisure, relaxing after your journey or starting to explore this cosmopolitan city. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner in the hotel.
Accommodation: Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour (1 night)
Kia Ora – welcome to New Zealand! After clearing customs and immigration at Auckland airport, you will be met upon your arrival by your local tour driver. The rest of the today at leisure to relax after your journey and to start to explore this cosmopolitan city. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner in the hotel.
Accommodation: Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour (1 night)
Day 2, Wednesday, October 13, 2021: Auckland/Waitomo/Rotorua (BD)
From Waitomo you head to Maungatautari in the Waikato region. Receive a traditional Māori welcome, followed by a two-hour cultural experience, including a presentation on Rongoā Māori (the traditional Māori healing system, a holistic practice that often includes using the medicinal properties of New Zealand native plants). There will be a Māori 101 session in the wharenui (meeting house) for Q&A about the Māori culture and some history of the marae (a sacred place cleared and free of weeds and trees that serves religious and social purposes). Finally, a cultural guided tour to Sanctuary Mountain, the world’s largest pest-free sanctuary. Continue by coach to the thermal wonderland of Rotorua. Dinner at the hotel.
Day 3, Thursday, October 14, 2021: Rotorua & Hobbiton (BLD)
Day 4, Friday, October 15, 2021: Rotorua/Napier (BD)
Day 5, Saturday, October 16, 2021: Napier (BL)
This afternoon, CHOOSE ONE of these two optional activities (included in tour price):
Wine Tasting & Lunch
Gannet Safari & Lunch
Day 6, Sunday, October 17, 2021: Napier/Wellington (BD)
Day 7, Monday, October 18, 2021: Wellington/Queenstown (BD)
Day 8, Tuesday, October 19, 2021: Milford Sound Excursion (BLD)
Day 9, Wednesday, October 20, 2021: Queenstown (B)
Optional Sightseeing – additional cost (not included)
Dart River Wilderness Jet Safari
Fly Fishing – Full Day
Nomad Safaris 4WD Tour
Day 10, Thursday, October 21, 2021: Queenstown/Franz Josef (BD)
Day 11, Friday, October 22, 2021: Franz Josef/Tranz/Alpine/Christchurch (BD)
Day 12, Saturday, October 23, 2021: Depart New Zealand (B)
Optional 4-Day Sydney Extension
Day 1, Saturday, October 23, 2021: CHRISTCHURCH – SYDNEY (D)
Day 2, Sunday, October 24, 2021: Sydney (B)
Day 3, Monday, October 25, 2021: Sydney-Blue Mountains-Sydney (BL)
Day 4, Tuesday, October 26, 2021: Depart Sydney (B)
Included meals shown on each day of itinerary: