The Christian Medical & Dental Associations is increasingly called on by the national media to give perspective on ethical questions triggered by changing medical technology. From Congressional testimony to network television, God continues to open doors for CMDA to amplify the Voice of Christian doctors on the critical life issues of our day. (paragraph indent) The two-day training is designed to teach participants how to use the media as an educational tool and to sharpen skills as CMDA media representatives. We will share a proven methodology that works in the most hostile situations. Real life examples will illustrate this method, then we will work with each participant one on one as we practice in the radio and television studios. The individualized instruction will include tips on crafting messages, appearance, voice tone and delivery. (paragraph indent) The workshop teaches attendees how to:
- Prepare for a media interview.
- Control the “agenda” during a media interview.
- Turn every media encounter into an opportunity to educate.
- Avoid being misquoted.
- Turn sound-bytes into headlines.
- Become a repeat guest source.
- Make news, not noise. (paragraph indent) Participation is limited to 12 attendees in order to provide one-on-one training.
Refunds if cancellation is received by June 19, 2020.
CMDA National Headquarters
David Stevens, MD, MA (Ethics)
Mike Chupp, MD
Jonathan Imbody, VP for Government Relations
Margie Shealy, VP for Communications
Friday, July 31 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday, August 1 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM