Campus Advisor Application
Please read the following material and complete the online form to submit your Campus Advisor Application.
Christian Medical & Dental Associations motivates, educates and equips Christian healthcare professionals to glorify God by:
- serving with professional excellence as witnesses of Christ’s love and compassion to all peoples, and;
- advancing biblical principles of healthcare within the Church and to our culture.
CMDA Statement of Faith (Signing this statement is a requirement for membership in CMDA)
While each of us hold fast to additional beliefs important to our relationship with God, the following statement outlines the tenets that provide a foundation for our fellowship and participation in the Christian Medical & Dental Associations.
- In the divine inspiration and final authority of the Bible as the Word of God;
- In the eternal God revealed in Holy Scripture as Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- In the unique Deity of Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, whose death and resurrection provide by grace through faith the only means of my salvation;
- In the transforming presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
CMDA Doctrinal Statement
While our meetings are open to everyone, membership in CMDA is open to those who agree with our Statement of Faith. In addition, CMDA leaders have the responsibility to support the doctrinal traditions of the organizations – doctrines common to most Christian faiths. While we all hold to other particular beliefs as taught in our various denominations, when representing CMDA, I agree to support these doctrinal tenets:
- We believe the Bible to be the authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that salvation is based on the sacrifice of Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
Spiritual Qualifications for Leaders
The lives of leaders called by God and accepted for service in the CMDA should give evidence of the following:
- A personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 9:23-26)
- Life of service empowered by the Holy Spirit (Mark 10:45, Galatians 5:23)
- Biblical integrity in personal and professional relationship (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Commitment to active prayer life (Luke 18:1)
- A lifestyle of holiness, in obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:14-16)
- Commitment to evangelism and discipleship (Matthew 28:18-20)
- A continuing relationship of the Body of Christ in the local church
CMDA Code of Conduct
The CMDA Code of Conduct applies to all levels of staff and volunteer leadership in our organization – from student leaders to trustees on the national board. Each leader fulfills a critical role in achieving our mission of “motivating, educating and equipping Christian healthcare professionals to glorify God.” With these leadership opportunities come the responsibility to set an example in the way we lead our lives – conscious of behaviors and attitudes that may cause others to stumble – seeking, rather, to model the life of Christ. To that end, the following Code establishes our individual commitment to strive for a high standard of personal conduct as we represent Christ and CMDA. More important than the specific standards we may describe, our conduct should be constrained by our deep love of God and the ones He allows us to serve.
- Statement of Faith, Doctrinal Statement, Mission, Vision and Core Values – Leaders must be Active Members in good standing within CMDA and agree with the CMDA Statement of Faith, Doctrinal Statement, Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Core Values.
- Integrity – Each CMDA leader is expected to demonstrate honesty and high ethical standards in all ministry, business, and personal dealings.
- Being Above Reproach – CMDA leaders should consider their lifestyle choices in light of his/her role as a spiritual leader, in particular, how certain actions can be perceived by or influence both believers and non-believers. Some things that are areas of freedom in Christ may not be wise or considerate choices for leaders. Therefore, leaders should exercise discernment and cultural sensitivity, refraining from questionable activities when representing CMDA. For some examples, read 1 Timothy 3.
- Support for CMDA Position Statements – The CMDA House of Representative and/or the Board of Trustees approve the official positions held by CMDA on ethical and scientific issues. While these positions are not binding on the membership, when serving in a CMDA capacity, leaders must agree to refrain from undermining these positions. This does not preclude leaders from seeking a change in these positions within the proper channels of CMDA.
- Involvement in Political Activities – Tax laws applicable to non-profit organizations require that there be no direct or indirect endorsement of political candidates or campaigning when representing CMDA.
- Spiritual Gifts – Leaders in CMDA should strive to use spiritual gifts as God intended and to refrain from using or promoting any spiritual gift in CMDA forums where there is a possibility for causing disruption or confusion.
- Harassment – CMDA is committed to maintaining an environment in which all individuals treat others with dignity and respect and which is free from all forms of intimidation, exploitation and harassment, including sexual harassment. (The full Sexual Harassment Policy can be found in the CMDA Personnel Manual.)
- Sexual Purity – CMDA leaders are expected to practice sexual intimacy only within the bond of marriage between one man and one woman. Unmarried leaders should lead pure and celibate lives.
- Language – CMDA leaders should not use profane or suggestive language.
- Consequences – Leaders in willful violation of the policies of CMDA are subject to disciplinary action including removal from leadership or membership. Leaders in disagreement with these policies should seek to resolve his/her disagreement, and resign if resolution is not possible.
Please complete the following: