Due to the fact that 2021 CMDA National Convention is going VIRTUAL the PG Scholarship will not be awarded this year.
CMDA had its beginning when George Peterson and Kenneth Gieser met at Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago, Illinois in 1931. Both men had been experiencing a sense of loneliness in their Christian walk. The two began meeting regularly for prayer and Scripture reading every Saturday afternoon. Soon other medical students joined the two men, and CMDA was born.
Because CMDA values its healthcare students, we are pleased to announce the Peterson & Gieser Student Scholarship! This new scholarship (up to $500) will cover National Convention registration fees, conference housing and food as well as travel expenses. There will be eight scholarships available per year (two per CMDA region).
Requirements for applying:
- First time attender to National Convention*
- Be a member of CMDA (You can join in the process of filling out the scholarship application)
- Submit a 500-word essay on a specific topic
- Be interviewed by CMDA’s Marketing and Media Department during National Convention **
- Attend the National Student Community meeting during the National Convention
Scholarship deadline is February 15. Scholarship winners will be notified by February 28.
*For those who have previously attended CMDA National Convention, a scholarship is available to cover the $50 registration fee. LINK HERE
** We will schedule a time after you are registered for the Convention.
Please Fill Out All Fields
You must be a member of CMDA to apply for the Scholarship. Student memberships are subsidized by graduate members so membership is no cost for students!