VIE Poster Session FAQs
No, at this time we are only allowing one abstract per person.
Your poster must fit a 4' x 4' space. Posters may be 3' x 4' (vertical), 4' x 3' (horizontal), or 4' x 4' (square). You may use our optional Vertical Template, Horizontal Template, or Square Template. Please bring your printed poster to the convention and set up in the designated time before the poster session. Please also prepare a five (5) minute summary that can be presented to judges and other interested visitors during the poster session.
No, at this time we are only allowing one poster per presenter.
The poster session will take place on Friday afternoon of CMDA's National Convention.
The poster session will take place at Ridgecrest Conference Center, Ridgecrest, NC.
Business casual. You will not be wrong to wear a suit, however this poster session is slightly more casual than most major academic conferences.
Yes, bring it with you. You may bring your poster printed on paper or fabric. You do not need to send us your poster file.
In short, no. CMDA does not have an academic journal. We will print your abstract in the CMDA National Convention program that will be distributed to all attendees. This does not preclude you from submitting your abstract to another poster session or a journal for publication.
- Click here: CMDA National Convention
- Click on Register Now
- Follow the Registration Instructions
- Click on your registration category option (student, resident, etc.)
- Answer and update any questions
- To take advantage of the REDUCED lodging/meals package, click on “Student/Resident – Lodging and Meal Package” under the Event Options section
- PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- Copy the code (that you will have received once your abstract has been accepted) into the Promotional Code box and click apply
- Make sure there is no extra space after the code
- SUBMIT ORDER
- If you selected the “Student/Resident – Lodging and Meal Package” in the registration process, Melinda Mitchell, our Events Coordinator, will be housing you. She will be in contact with more details soon.
- Or, you can call Ridgecrest directly at 800-588-7222 to secure your own housing and meals.
Posters in the research category are judged differently than posters in the vignette category.
Research posters are judged as follows: Background is clear and gives rationale, Methods are well-explained, Results are presented clearly and compared to other studies, Conclusion makes study’s application clear. The limitations of the study should be addressed.
Vignette posters are judged as follows: Introduction clearly presents problem and gaps in the current literature, Case Presentation gives a detailed description of patient/program/intervention and states outcomes, Discussion states relevance to current practice. The subject should be a novel concept or innovation, or a unique case with educational value.
ALL posters will be judged on their appearance, organization, and readability. As a presenter, you should be prepared to briefly summarize your work to judges and session attendees. Be prepared to answer their questions with more detail. You will be expected to stand by your poster throughout the session. You can expect about 10 attendees to talk to you about your poster. Posters with QR codes are acceptable.
First, by presenting a poster, student’s registration fee to attend the National Convention is waived! For residents, we cover $75 of their registration fee. When you register for the poster session, you will be given a Registration Code. Enter this code on the CMDA website when you register for the National Convention and your registration fee will be waived/reduced appropriately.
For additional assistance in covering housing and travel costs, CMDA offers the Peterson & Gieser Scholarship (up to $500) for healthcare students who are attending the Convention for the first time. Click here for more details!
A coauthor may present your poster. It must be someone who has been involved in the research or project and is qualified to present the work!
- This convention provides great opportunities for you to transform as you fellowship with Christian healthcare professionals, learn about current health and social issues, renew your faith through worship, and network with exhibiting organizations.
- There are meetings and activities for students (National Student Community) and residents (National Resident & Fellow Community).
- Click here to see the speakers and schedule.
Once you have checked in for the conference, come to the Poster Session room to hang your poster. Your spot on the wall will be assigned prior to your arrival. We will supply push pins and/or adhesive strips to hang your poster.