Oasis is a not-for-profit Christian hospital located in Al Ain, about 160 kilometers east of the United Arab Emirates capital city, Abu Dhabi. We are part of the Cure International network of hospitals whose mission is to heal the sick and proclaim the kingdom of God. Our hospital is the first private hospital established in the United Arab Emirates and also the first to attain JCIA accreditation.
Oasis was established in 1960 by Dr’s Pat and Mariam Kennedy who were Christian missionaries from the USA. Ever since its launch, Oasis has been known for our excellent obstetric and pediatric care and we are still proud to be recognized as one of the best hospitals in Al Ain for expectant mothers and young children.
We are currently looking for a Head of Department for our ObGyn team, preferably Females. The team consists of 20 full-time physicians and 6 visiting physicians and is one of the busiest and biggest departments here. We have more than 300 delivers a month.
We are looking for a consultant for this role with laparoscopic skills. Past experience as HOD is preferred but not mandatory, however involvement in committees and other quality works (like JCIA,etc.) is necessary.
To be licensed in UAE as ObGyn Consultant, minimum 2 years recent full-time experience, post-American Board is mandatory. The role shall involve 80% clinical ObGyn Consultant duties and 20% HOD work.
In addition to the ObGyn Consultant role, the HOD responsibilities shall include:
- Shall be a role model in reflecting our core values and communicates and expects the team members to hold to the same standard. Our core values are
Being Christlike • Being Childlike • Integrity • Restoring the Broken • Intentional Relationships • Rooted in Community
Facilitate department meetings as needed. Develop and monitor a monthly schedule for the Department.
• Monitor overall department productivity and counsel those physicians, where WRVU activity has declined.
• Advocate for the capital, equipment, and personnel needed to effectively run the department including developing and updating department policies and procedures.
- Performance Management
Clarify performance expectations on an ongoing basis, as well as providing meaningful frequent feedback
• Assess individual yearly performance. Implement and monitor performance improvement plans where required.
- Learning & Development
promote and monitor professional development within the department. To offer support and advice to members of the department and encourage their professional development.
- Audit/ Quality
Oversee the quality and appropriateness of health care provided and report and actively resolve any identified deficiencies in the quality of patient care.
• Develop relevant quality and performance metrics/indicators for the department and a method of tracking, trending and reporting them.
• Ensure that the department is in compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements by reviewing and updating as necessary departmental policies, bylaws, rules and regulations.
Please visit the website (www.oasishospital.org) to learn more about the hospital.
For more information please contact:
Joby Susan Babu HR Recruitment Specialist
Tel: +971 3 713 1139 | Address: PO Box 1016, Al Ain, UAE