Christian Dental Association
CMDA's Dental Ministries is dedicated to encouraging and supporting dentists in living out their Christian faith in their professional and personal lives. We are an outreach that encourages and supports dental professionals and students as they strive to integrate their Christian faith into all aspects of their lives, while providing opportunities for training and equipping.
We are expanding our ministry, services and resources for our dental members, as well as intensifying our outreach in dental schools across the country. Students are an integral part of our ministry. Top leaders in dentistry from across the nation come together at the Emerging Leaders in Dentistry Symposium to train dental students to become a Christ-centered leader. Resources specific to students can be found at cmda.org/student-life.
Dental Residency [+]
CMDA Dental Residency [+] is preparing a generation of dental disciples to go throughout the United States and the World providing excellent quality dental care to the poor in the name of Jesus.
The dental providers and staff at the CMDA Dental Residency [+] believe we are commissioned by Christ to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up. (Eph. 4:11-13) Our work is to prepare dentists to serve the dental needs of the poor in urban centers of the United States and the far reaches of the globe. We equip dentists not with gear, but skills, character and community that will last much longer.
Christian Medical & Dental Associations (CMDA) has joined forces with Christ Community Health Services (CCHS) to equip dental disciples for service!
A three-year residency [+] program training and equipping dentists to provide excellent dental care to the poor domestically and internationally in response to the call of Jesus to preach the gospel and heal the sick.
Complete the Lutheran Medical Center AEGD Residency in Memphis, TN while living in community and receiving clinical training at Christ Community Health Services (CCHS).
[+] 1 and [+] 2 Years
Hired as a dentist at CCHS for 2 years with a month-long international rotation, training other residents, learning about practice management and growing in leadership.
- Join a tight community of like-minded residents and others associated with Christ Community Health Services.
- Earn an AEGD certificate from Lutheran Medical Center.
- Receive a $40,000 stipend as a resident.
- Intensive clinical training with a mentor dentist in an urban dental clinic among the underserved.
- Access to training opportunities through the nationwide CMDA network.
- Upon completion of the AEGD Residency, join Christ Community as a full-time dentist for [+] 1 and [+] 2 Years with a salary based on average compensation in other community health centers.
- Eligible for loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps in [+] 1 and [+] 2 Years.
- One month paid international rotation in [+] 1 Year.
- Intensive practice management and residency program leadership in [+] 2 Year.
- Be commissioned out to serve others through dentistry in the name of Jesus at our annual resident retreat.
For more information or to apply please visit www.dentalresidency.org.
Meet Our Residents
2014 CMDA Dental Residents
Elise Rich and Jennifer Perry
2015 CMDA Dental Residents
Monique Trice and Josephine Verlanic
Subscribe to The Dental Impact e-Newsletter
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.