Scholarship | Hood Medical Mission Scholarship
To nurture a lifetime of involvement in medical missions in fourth year medical students. This will be accomplished by providing recipients opportunities to experience healthcare missions while becoming familiar with the majority world's medical, cultural, social, and spiritual challenges.
You must be:
- A CMDA member
- Fourth year medical student enrolled in a traditional program in an approved U.S. medical school
- Priority given to clinical rotations.
- Priority given to CMDA student leaders
- Demonstrate financial need to enable project participation
Awards will be announced by email as they are awarded. The amount of the award will be up to $2,000 for travel and project-related expenses with international short-term mission or clinical rotations at mission hospitals.
Recipients are required to submit a one- to two-page typewritten report to CMDA within 60 days after completion of short-term mission or rotation. The report should contain the following:
- Photographs of recipient with patients and international partners
- One memorable patient story and outcome
- One spiritual insight gleaned along the way
- One breakthrough in regard to language, culture, local life
- One takeaway for your life moving forward
A short note of appreciation to Dr. and Mrs. Hood, fund donors. This should be sent to the Center for Advancing Healthcare Missions at CMDA.
Contact the Administrative Assistant/Volunteer for the Center for Advancing Healthcare Missions:
Before an application will be considered, a letter of recommendation from the applicant's pastor or CMDA staff member must be submitted. The letter should highlight the applicant's spiritual maturity and involvement in ministry. The reference is an attempt to gain a 360-degree look at you from those who have deep knowledge of your calling, spiritual commitment, passion for evangelism and your ability to work in an overseas missionary context. Letter of recommendation should be sent to the Administrative Assistant/Volunteer for the Center for Advancing Healthcare Missions.