Project Hope Northwest Mission Trip | Grant Scholarship
Part of projecthopenorthwest.org
This fund is for the support of individuals who are exploring a commitment to the medical mission field or those already medical missionaries. Typical grantees include premedical or predental students who have made a commitment to the healing professions, medical or dental students who have a committed Christian faith or physicians in residency who are exploring the possibility of a short term or long term commitment to mission work.
- Medical Mission Initiative Mission Statement: To enable medical students and residents to have an “in the field experience” that will assist them in discovering their God-given passion for medical missions.
- Medical Mission Initiative Vision Statement: Our vision is for medical students and residents to come to understand how medical missions can be a part of God’s will for their lives, and be a catalyst to a lifetime of medical service to those in need.
Application Process Information:
- 1st cycle: Application due September 15th, Review completed by November 1st
- 2nd cycle: Application due January 15th, Review completed by March 1st
- Trip should take place after the review cycle is completed, so that grants can be distributed prior to the trip’s start date
- At this time, grants are offered to medical students (MD/DO), with a focus on those located in Pacific Northwest. However, we will consider applications from anyone in the U.S.
- Average scholarship will be around $1500, and is limited to partial funding of trip costs
- Funding is designed for mission trips lasting 4-8 weeks
- Report & photos are required after completion of trip