Scholarship | WPDC Mission Trips with GHO
In partnership with Global Health Outreach, Women Physicians & Dentists in Christ organizes mission trips to help women and orphans around the world. These trips offer participants an opportunity to make a difference in 1) the lives of girls and women caught in human trafficking—addressing their physical, spiritual, economic and educational needs; 2) orphan care trips to Zambia, where there are over a million orphans and very few organized orphanages; and refuge care trips, where female providers are essential in order for women and children to come for care.
Through the generous donations of WPDC graduates, scholarship(s) of $500 are available for female medical and dental students wishing to participate in joint GHO / WPDC trips.
Prerequisites for applying:
- Currently enrolled as a medical or dental student
- CMDA membership (membership is free to students and has many benefits)
- This would be your first GHO missions trip
By applying, you are committing that if you are chosen you will complete your application for the upcoming GHO/WPDC trip with the $150 application fee (which is applied towards the total project fee, determined by each trip*-- see below).
Once accepted by GHO, your commitment will be similar to this example (costs vary depending on which trip):
- Pay the additional amount for the project fee:
$1,555 (total trip fee, example only)
-$ 150 application fee
-$ 500 scholarship
= $ 905 due from scholarship recipient.
- Purchase airfare with the team through GHO. The estimated cost to scholarship recipient:~$900 depending on departure city; due upon ticketing.
- Follow through on attending the trip as you are a valuable part of the team, and they are counting on your full participation.
- Submit a note after the trip telling of the value of your experience.
|Project fee (EXAMPLE ONLY)||$1,555|
|Due upon scholarship notification||-$150|
|Due upon GHO approval||-$905|
|Balance/WPDC scholarship pays||-$500|
You are also responsible for your airfare/purchased through GHO
- Complete your scholarship application on this page.
- A reference letter must be received from any active graduate CMDA member (not a student or resident member). This letter must be attached to the online application, or mailed to, WPDC, P.O. Box 7500, Bristol, TN 37621.
- Applicants will be notified of the recipient within two weeks of application. Please contact the WPDC Administrator using the form below with any questions.
Through the generous donations of WPDC graduates, scholarship(s) up to $500 are available for female medical and dental students wishing to participate in joint GHO / WPDC trips.