The purpose of the Fellowship of Christian Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (FCPRS) is to encourage, educate and challenge members to engage in a deeper, more fulfilling walk with our Savior, equipping us to impact the lives of others with the gospel. We accomplish this with biblically-based, compassionate and appropriate care while speaking the truth of Christ when we sense this call from Christ. We also strive to inform members about social and bioethical issues within the plastic and reconstructive surgery profession and discuss ways these issues impact us and our appropriate responses as Christian professionals.
We'd love to share more about our purpose, beliefs and what we offer.
As a specialty section of CMDA, we are here to encourage, support and build up Christian plastic surgeons spiritually and professionally.
- To uphold the CMDA mission and vision by glorifying God within the realm of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- To serve locally and internationally within our specialty, performing the highest level of reconstructive care in an environment that is conducive to surgical success.
- To facilitate and promote a delivery of surgical service that aligns with the biblical principles of development including capacity building, training, resource exchange and follow up care.
To provide a resource and community of like-minded plastic surgeons in order to:
- Maintain our personal growth in relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Facilitate vision and outreach opportunities both locally and internationally that align with kingdom principles of healthcare development and delivery.
- Provide a collaborative environment both spiritually and professionally for practicing surgeons and trainees in the specialty of plastic surgery.
OUR CORE VALUES
We strive to fulfill our mission in keeping with the core values of CMDA by growing in Christlikeness, the fruits of the spirit, compassion, faithfulness, integrity, perseverance and cultural relevance.
STATEMENT OF FAITH OF THE ASSOCIATIONS (CMDA)
We, as the FCPRS section of Christian Medical & Dental Associations, adhere to the following Statement of Faith and Mission Statement of CMDA:
- In the divine inspiration and final authority of the Bible as the Word of God;
- In the eternal God revealed in Holy Scripture as Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- In the unique Deity of Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, whose death and resurrection provide by grace through faith the only means of my salvation;
- In the transforming presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
2018-2020 EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Matthew Chetta, MD – Chair
- Carrie Black, MD – Vice Chair
- Stephen Poteet, MD – Secretary/Treasurer
- Ryan Schmucker, MD – Fellow/Resident/Student Liaison
Physicians associated with the Fellowship of Christian Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons Section regularly serve with PAACS in Kijabe in their plastic surgery training program.
The FCPRS meets annually at our national meeting to build community, encourage, and provide accountability for our members. All donations will help facilitate these meetings. In addition, our members are actively engaged in various local and international mission hospitals. Donations to this ministry will facilitate and provide valuable resources to continue these endeavors as a medium to spread the gospel.
Become a Member
We encourage you to become a member of CMDA and then get involved with our section and the activities we offer. To become a member, visit www.cmda.org/join.
If you would like to know more about our activities and outreach, be placed on our mailing list, join the section or have any questions about membership, please contact us.