Dr. Leonard Sax: Why Gender Matters – Part 2
Don’t miss a single podcast of CMDA Matters. You can subscribe through iTunes or GooglePlay, download our free CMDA app and or listen on our website at www.cmda.org/cmdamatters. This weekly podcast hosted by Dr. Mike Chupp features one interview with brief news and announcements that matter to you.
Dr. Leonard Sax joins Dr. Mike Chupp and Dr. Jeff Barrows on today’s CMDA Matters podcast to discuss his book Why Gender Matters and how the transgender movement is harming our youth.
Meet Our Guest
Dr. Leonard Sax earned his bachelor’s degree in biology from MIT, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa in five semesters at the age of 19. He then went on to the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned both his PhD in psychology, and his MD. He did a 3-year residency in family practice at Lancaster General Hospital in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. In 1990, he established a family practice in Montgomery County Maryland, just outside Washington DC. He provided care for children and adults in Montgomery County for more than 18 years. He took a 5-year sabbatical, 2008 to 2013, to devote himself full-time to visiting schools and communities, and to writing. He returned to clinical practice in 2013 near his home in Chester County, Pennsylvania, while continuing to lead workshops and give keynotes based on his visits to more than 460 communities over the past 19 years.
Dr. Sax has led workshops and given keynotes not only all across North America – from California to Nova Scotia and from Alaska to Florida – but also in Australia, Bermuda, England, Germany, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Scotland, Spain, and Switzerland.
He has written four books for parents: Why Gender Matters, Boys Adrift, Girls on the Edge, and The Collapse of Parenting– a New York Times bestseller.
- Why Gender Matters: What Parents and Teachers Need to Know About the Emerging Science of Sex Difference by Leonard Sax MD, PhD
- God and the Transgender Debate: What Does the Bible Actually Say About Gender Identity? by Andrew T. Walker
- When Harry Became Sally: Responding to the Transgender Moment by Ryan T. Anderson
- VIE Poster Session
- Healthcare Professionals, The Church & The Transgender Movement
- Politicizing Pediatrics: How the AAP’s Transgender Guidelines Undermine Trust in Medical Authority