Human Flourishing & Gene Editing
Don’t miss a single podcast of CMDA Matters. You can subscribe through iTunes or GooglePlay, download our free CMDA app and or listen on our website at www.cmda.org/cmdamatters. This weekly podcast hosted by Dr. Mike Chupp features one interview with brief news and announcements that matter to you.
Dr. Henry Williams joins Dr. Mike Chupp on today’s CMDA Matters podcast to discuss his book review of Human Flourishing in an Age of Gene Editing (Parens and Johnston, eds., 2019, Oxford University Press).
Meet Our Guest
Henry Williams, M.D., F.A.C.P., M.A. (ethics) received his medical degree from Vanderbilt University Medical School and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Minnesota. He served as a general medical officer for the Indian Health Service, Navajo Reservation in Shiprock New Mexico. He has practiced general internal medicine at Chattanooga Internal Medicine Group from 1979 to the present time. He received a Masters in Bioethics from Trinity International University in 2005 and has taught bioethics in Minsk, Belarus. In addition, he has provided medical care in Zambia, Haiti (Children’s Nutrition Program of Haiti), Nicaragua, Honduras and Ethiopia. He is the Board Chair for the Tennessee Center for Bioethics and Culture where he has contributed a book review on the series of essays, Human Flourishing in an Age of Gene Editing (Parens and Johnston, eds., 2019, Oxford University Press).
- ICMDA Webinar
- Humans 2.0: Scientific, Philosophical, and Theological Perspectives on Transhumanism by Fazale R. Rana with Kenneth R. Samples
- Human Flourishing in an Age of Gene Editing by Erik Parens (Editor), Josephine Johnston (Editor)
- Book Review by Dr. Henry Williams
- Why the Church Needs Bioethics: A Guide to Wise Engagement with Life’s Challenges by Dr. John F Kilner
- VIE Poster Session
- National Convention Scholarship
- Remedy Conference