Incorporating Spiritual Interventions
Dr. Cathie Scarbrough talks about bringing your faith into healthcare by incorporating spiritual interventions with Dr. Mike Chupp and Dr. Bill Griffin on this week’s CMDA Matters podcast.
Dr. Cathie Scarbrough is the Associate Program Director for the Gadsden Regional Family Medicine Residency Program in Gadsden, Alabama. Her medical degree is from UTHSC in Memphis, Tennessee, and she completed her residency at In His Image Family Medicine Residency in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She then served in Central Asia with the Samaritan’s Purse Post-Residency Program, teaching family medicine. Upon returning to the U.S., she spent two years in private practice prior to returning to academics. Over the last 10 years, she has served as an associate program director, director of fellowships and medical education, director of clinical services, institutional coordinator, hospital department chair and associate professor of family medicine at several programs. Her interests include global health, women’s health and international family medicine education. She has been to more than 35 countries, serving, teaching and sharing about whole-person medicine. She currently resides in Gadsden, Alabama but still calls West Tennessee home.
- Give to CMDA
- CMDA Bookstore
- CMDA Matters on YouTube
- Faith Prescriptions
- CMDA Learning Center
- Gray Matter: A Neurosurgeon Discovers the Power of Prayer One Patient at a Time
- Practice By The Book: A Christian Doctor’s Guide to Living and Serving
- CMDA Campus & Community Ministries
- Critical Conversations on Identity and Gender at The Hendricks Center at Dallas Theological Seminary
- Women Physicians and Dentists in Christ Annual Conference